Carry on Traditions

My mom's side of the family, from what I know of, has always quilted and until recently it ended with my mother. In the past I had dabbled in the craft but with no true success or interest in it. However, something changed because in this past year I have fallin in love with the craft. 

One day I decided to accompany my Mom and my Grandma to their quilting class that they go to once a month. It started out as just a good way to catch up with my Grandma over lunch; I do not see her very often so it was a perfect way to catch up. But one day I thought it would be fun if I just took some of the old fabric that I had stored in the craft room and create the same blocks that they were making. The idea seemed simple enough. 

 I picked up the skill  quickly and now I am hooked. I should have known, it was sort of inevitable seeing how my mom sews and my grandma sews, it's practically imbedded in my genes. I have already finished one quilt, which has been given to my best friend. I have started another quilt and the blocks for this years quilt blocks. For me, this is just a new kind of expression of art and creativity, not only is it a great hands on craft but it allows me to think outside the box and challenges me in a new way. This is a tradition that I hope to not only carry on but also charish for a long time. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Feed

Meet The One and Only ME :)

Living in a small town has taught me that the simplest things in life are the things that make the biggest impact. And as my life continues down a windy road of adventures and wondering, I find myself caught in the middle of beauty and simplicity. For me, I simple strive to find the best in everything and to capture them so it can be shared with everyone. So stay tuned because who knows what is going to happen next