The Other Side of Paradise

The Other Side of Paradise 


Its been more than ten years since I have been to Hawaii, ten long years at that. With an early flight, my bags were packed just hours before we arrived at the airport - to be honest, I never really liked the whole pre-packing thing- 5am, that was when our flight was scheduled to leave from Oakland. The airport was still fairly quite when we arrived with only a few locals looking for their terminal. We went through the TSA check and I quickly made my way over the the Starbucks around the corner, it was early and if I was going to make it through the rest of today, I was going to need some coffee. Arriving at our terminal, we waited for you plain to be boarded, it was only a few minutes before we were all in our seats ready for take off. Taking my last look out the window, I buckled my seat belt, already wishing that I was really unbuckling it and getting off at Kauai, HA, The Garden Island.





 This was my first time going to The Garden Island, but it was a first forever one on our trip. Arriving on Kauai was like arriving at Disneyland for the first time, I felt six years old all over again. I had been waiting for this trip for over six months and know that we had landed I felt the need that I would never want to leave, like I had found my home. This sudden feeling of joy and contentment fell over me but quickly felt because people were getting off the plane and I was done being stuck in that contraption. I was ready for the other side of paradise.














0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Feed

Meet The One and Only ME :)

Living in a small town has taught me that the simplest things in life are the things that make the biggest impact. And as my life continues down a windy road of adventures and wondering, I find myself caught in the middle of beauty and simplicity. For me, I simple strive to find the best in everything and to capture them so it can be shared with everyone. So stay tuned because who knows what is going to happen next